ICCF World Cup
List of entries-final (updated 05.11.2013)
Open office is required to view .ods files
ICCF 20th World Cup Announcement
The International Correspondence Chess Federation is delighted to announce the Russian Correspondence Chess Association as the main organizer of the ICCF World Cup 20 Webserver Tournament.
The tournament will be played on the ICCF Webserver and will be organized in three stages. The number of promotions will depend on total entries received, but groups at preliminary and semifinal stages will be comprised of 13 players (12 games) played with a rate of play of 10 moves in 50 days. The event will be rated with title norms, which are usually possible at the semifinal and final stages.
Players may enter in the usual way through their National Federations or, where eligible, via the ICCF Direct Entry system.
Entries via National Federations should contain player’s name, Email address, ICCF ID and should be forwarded by Email to the Tournament Organizer, Andrey Pavlikov, email: email@example.com to reach him before 1st November 2013. It would be appreciated very much if Federations sent entries “as received” and not delayed them until closing date.
Allocation of players to the preliminary and semifinal groups will be made as random as possible; however, geographical distribution as well as an achievement of reasonable equality of average ratings of all groups will be taken into account.
The tournament starts on 30.11.2013.
Registration begins on 10.08.2013 and will be closed on 01.11.2011, to allow for pairings.
Play at preliminary stage continues for 18 months, and will be finished on 31.05.2015.
Unfinished games which will be decisive for promotional positions in a group will be adjudicated. Players involved will send a record of a game (with the required result – win or draw) and an analysis to their TD for adjudication no later than 15.06.2015. The adjudication will be organized in such a way that all qualified players will be known to 15.07.2015.
The semifinals are expected to be started on 30.09.2015 at the latest.
The final is expected to be started on 30.09.2017 at the latest.
A book prize to all winners of preliminary and semifinal groups is guaranteed.
One or two players (an exact number of promotions will depend on total entries received) of each preliminary section will qualify for the World Cup semifinal.
Although the number of preliminary groups which each player may enter is unlimited, no player will qualify for more than two semifinal groups or more than one place in the final.
In addition, those players who qualified for World Cup 18 and 19 Finals will also be entitled to play in the semifinal stage of World Cup 20 and the winners of WC 18 and 19 Finals will be eligible to participate in World Cup Final 20.
The following qualifications can be achieved in the final:
· the winner and the runner-up will qualify for a World Championship Candidates (tie break applies) (ICCF Tournament Rules, Article 1.3.1.(d));
· the winner of the World Cup Final 18 will qualify for the final of the next World Cup Tournament (ICCF Tournament Rules, Article 3.6) and will gain the IM title (ICCF Tournament Rules, Article 8.6.(c));
· the participants in a Final of the ICCF World Cup Tournament who achieved at least 60% of the possible points will qualify for a World Championship Semi-finals (tie break applies (ICCF Tournament Rules, Article 1.2.1.(e));
· the participants in a Final of the ICCF World Cup Tournament who achieved at least 50% of the possible points will qualify for a World Championship Preliminaries (tie break applies) (ICCF Tournament Rules, Article 1.1.1.(e));
· all participants will qualify for the semifinal of the next World Cup Tournament (ICCF Tournament Rules, Article 3.6).
The Russian Correspondence Chess Association has appointed Andrey Pavlikov as the Central Tournament Leader (CTL)
Member Federations are asked to give the tournament wide publicity to all their players.
We wish all participants many interesting games and new connections with CC friends in other countries, based on the spirit of friendship and the ICCF motto:
Central Tournament Leader
ICCF Non-Title Tournaments Commissioner
World Tournament Director
last updated Wednesday, November 6, 2013