Title Tournaments Commissioner
WORLD CORRESPONDENCE CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP 2022 CYCLE
SEMI-FINALS – 46th WCCC
Following the ICCF Congress 2011, all Semi-Final Sections of the World Correspondence Chess Championship shall start on the same day and only once per year.
The start date of the Semi-Finals of the 46th WCCC is July 31, 2022.
All entries will be accepted according to ICCF Tournament Rules, valid from January 1, 2022, to be received no later than June 25, 2022.
Member Federations Nominations (MFN) for the Semi-Finals should also be submitted not later than June 25, 2022.
Semi-Finals Sections typically have 13 players, with the possibility for the TTC to extend them to 15 or 17 players if appropriate.
Players entering more than one section will be accepted only to fill vacancies.
If the number of the entries won’t be a multiple of 13, 15, or 17, sections will be fulfilled with the players who ask to enter the Semi-Finals according to Rule 126.96.36.199.3; if it would make it impossible to fulfill a section, the players who have been entered according to points (i), (j), (k) and (l) and who have the lowest ICCF ELO rating in list 2022/3 won’t be admitted to the Semi-Finals.
Entries must be sent through the “New Events” page of www.iccf.com. The entry fee can be paid via Direct Entry or the player’s National Federation. The qualification right under ICCF Rule 188.8.131.52 must be specified for each entry.
Players who obtained their qualification in a WCCC Preliminary can enter a section of the Semi-Finals free of charge.
Entries of “reserve players” must be sent by e-mail to the TTC via the player’s National Federation.
The ICCF Executive Board asks that all ICCF Delegates ensure that this vital information is available in all national CC magazines and websites. It is the responsibility of Delegates to ensure that all players are made aware of these arrangements.
Any questions and/or requests for clarification should be directed to the ICCF Title Tournaments Commissioner, Gian-Maria Tani, email@example.com. Players who are not currently represented by any National Federation can contact the TTC directly.
Torino, May 15, 2022
/s/ Gian-Maria Tani
Appendix. Section 1 of ICCF Rules
184.108.40.206 Semi-Finals of the World CC Championship
The following will be entitled to enter a WCCC Semi-Final:
· the participants in one of the previous or running Finals if they have not earned a higher qualification.
· the participants in one of the previous or running Candidates' Tournaments who have scored at least 50% of the possible points if they have not earned a higher qualification.
· the participants in one of the previous or running Semi-Finals who finished in place 3 or 4 or scored at least 60% of the possible points but did not qualify for the Candidates' Tournament.
· the first and second-placed players from a Preliminary section.
· the participants in a Final of the ICCF World Cup Tournament who finished in place 3 or 4 or scored at least 60% of the possible points (This does not include the ICCF Veterans World Cup, Chess 960 World Cup, or World Team Tournaments).
· the participants in one of the previous or running acknowledged Zonal Championships of tournament average rating at 2451 or higher who finished in place 3 or 4 or scored at least 60% of the possible points.
· the two top finishers from the acknowledged Zonal Championships with an average tournament rating of 2450 or below.
· those players, who, at the time of nomination, have ratings of 2400 and higher, are entered through their national organisation.
· the holders of the Correspondence Chess International Master title with fixed ratings above 2500. (*)
· the holders of the Correspondence Chess Senior International Master title with fixed ratings above 2450. (*)
· the holders of the Grandmaster Title with ratings above 2400. (*)
· those players who have a fixed rating above 2550. (*)
(*) ELO ratings used in these Rules refer to any rating lists published in the preceding 12 months.
Any player with a fixed rating of 2450 or above can ask to enter a WCCC Semi-Final section. The highest-rated players will be accepted only to fill a section if the number of entries will not be a multiple of 13, 15, or 17.