Dear Tournament Directors ,
This note contains an URGENT REQUEST of you, even if you are not currently directing any tournament. (Only TDs who are officially recorded as inactive need not respond to this note.) Everyone else, please respond as instructed below.
Due to the situation in the Ukraine, the Ukrainian National Delegate asked that all clocks in all games involving at least 1 Ukrainian player be stopped. The ICCF has agreed to this request. The purpose of this note is to fulfill the ICCF's directive in this regard. We can do this efficiently if we all work together!
Here is what is needed from you:
(1) Look at the player's flag for every player in every event you are directing. If you have no Ukrainian players with at least 1 active game in any of your still ongoing events, then just send an email to ICCF Rules Commissioner Dennis Doren. In that reply email, give me your name and say "No UKR games to stop".
If you find any UKR players with 1 or more active games, then please do the following:
(2) For each UKR player's games, go to the screen showing that game's current position (that is, the game board). Above the board and to the right, you will find the heading "TD".
(3) Hold the cursor over "TD" (or click on it), and you will see a menu of options. At the top of that menu list will be "Stop game". Click on "Stop game". (This stops the clocks in that game.) (***For any triple block time control game, you may not see "Stop game". In that case, see the instructions below.)
(4) Go the next game board for that player, or other UKR players. Continue doing Steps #2 and #3 for every game involving any UKR player.
(5) When you finish stopping the clocks for UKR players in one event, go on to your other events. Repeat the above for all UKR players with at least one active game.
(6) When you are done, send me an email to ICCF Rules Commissioner Dennis Doren. In your note, tell me your name and say "I have stopped all UKR clocks".
(7) When you finish steps 2 through 6, please inform all of the active players in any event in which clocks were stopped about why. You can quote the explanation above if you wish: "Due to the situation in the Ukraine, the Ukrainian National Delegate asked that all clocks in all games involving at least 1 Ukrainian player be stopped. The ICCF has agreed to this request."
[*** Triple block events may not offer you a "Stop game" option. For any such games, tell me in your email to me which events are preventing you from stopping the clocks. You do not need to do anything more with these.]
That is it.
Please do the above as soon as possible, and absolutely within 4 days. If you have any questions, concerns or problems with the above, please feel free to let me know.
Your help in this urgent matter will be greatly appreciated!
Dennis Doren, ICCF Rules Commissioner, in coordination with World Tournament Director Frank Geider